Friday, March 4, 2016

In "Yes, just...effing...YES!" news...

I picked up a copy of All-New Classic Captain Canuck #0 today (or rather I had someone pick it up for me) not realizing that it was just a collection reprinting the Ed Brisson-written back-up features from the first six modern Captain Canuck issues released by Chapter House.  I have to say I was a might disappointed until I turned to the inside back page to discover...this:

They're publishing Danny Zabbal's Sorcery (now retitled Life, Death and Sorcery because it's unlikely someone hasn't already done a comic or have "Sorcery" trademarked) as a quarterly series.  This is absolutely THE best news.  After picking up a copy of the first volume that Zabbal self-published I couldn't help but rave about it (that is actually my quote in the ad there).  I wanted more instantly, or at the very least some guarantee that Zabbal would continue this brilliantly written and illustrated time-travel fantasy-drama.  Now we know Zabbal can continue, and even if I have to wait until the end of the year for new material I'll still buy the republished material because I earnestly loved it so much.

This is the best news.  It truly is.  I'm so happy for Danny, but even happier for me who gets to read this stuff.

No comments: