Monday, November 11, 2013

365 Comics...313: Earth 2 #17 (2013)

Sometimes I buy certain comics for the express purpose of reviewing them, like Earth 2, which I reviewed over at Thor's Comic  Column this week.  I really wanted to like Earth 2 when it came out, because it feels more like the fresh take on the characters and the DC Universe that the New 52 was hinting at.  But at the same time I just have such a difficult time getting into James Robinson's writing.  He's a clever idea guy but his prose and dialogue often show too much of the writer behind it, feeling unnatural in many ways.  Though I don't know Tom Taylor's work at all, I was happy to hear he was stepping in as new writer so that I could sample Earth 2 again.  Alas, as my review details, it's just not something I'm connecting with.  I guess I'll just have to stick with Smallville for some alternate Earths DCU action.

No comments: